Portugal is a beautiful country to go on a vacation but unless you carve out a niche for yourself, earning a living in Portugal is not going to be easy.
- Presently the Portuguese economy is extremely slow. Unemployment is high and earnings are well below the EU average.
- You must master Portuguese if you want to work with Portuguese companies. English is not as widely spoken as you may think.
- Many jobs are filled through personal contacts rather than advertised. Build up a network of friends and acquaintances.
- Bureaucracy is inescapable and moves slowly. Government permission is needed for almost anything.
- Many professions require license and certification. You may have to be registered and certified first.
Read more>>>Portuguese Labor Law